I am thankful for (in no particular order):
- My oldest nephew (5 years) who stayed a night with me this past week. We saw Big Hero 6 which was great, and played Legos. I successfully watched over another human being for a grand total of 24 hours without serious incident. I’m so pleased.
- Getting to sit in on the middle-school play auditions. I’ve not had much opportunity to see auditions from the side of the director (well, assistant). The kids were so much fun and so talented and it just made me heart happy to see them trying. It also made me miss acting myself.
- The colder weather. Even for Georgia, it’s cold and I get to wear layers. YAY!
- A good job. I may complain about dealing with students or the grading (ugh), but I’m really grateful for my job. I love my school and the students. The administration is so supportive and it’s nice to be in a place like that.
- New friends. This was my goal this year and so far I’m doing a pretty good job on making a few.
- My family. That I can look forward to the holidays with them and have no concern or anxiety about the time spent together.
- My book. I think I’m on my last draft of it. Which is exciting!!
© ecnewman, 2014. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this author and/or owner is strictly prohibited.